Sunday, April 13, 2008

We survived our first tornado warning!!!


So, B and I are in bed watching tv, Mitch is in his room doing the same & Ali is at Isabels!!

All of a sudden the tv goes blank and we get the emergency broadcast saying tornado warning in Lorain County (that's where we live), the tornado should hit Lorain County at 9:50pm and is in effect until 10:15pm.  All people should go to a basement or stand in a doorway, stay away from windows or cover yourself with pillows!!! 
I went to the living room and looked out the window and it was  grey & windy.  I've never really seen anything like it.  It just didn't look right!

Ok, so you can only imagine what Mitch did when he saw this.  It had barely come on the tv and i heard him running down the stairs.  "Do tornado's kill people"? "Are we going to die"? On and on with the questions.  B and i reassured him that we were going to be ok but to make him feel better i took him downstairs and we watched tv until 10:30pm.  He ended up sleeping on our bedroom floor that night.

(i talked to ali on the phone and she said i'm scared and shaky but she handled it well)

Anyway, I don't think it ever touched down anywhere and we were really happy about that!!!

5 comments:

♥Shally said...

NO FUN. I hated it when the skies got all black like that.

So glad nothing happened!

Anna said...

We're totally in the same boat. Brandon and I were freaking out during our first tornado warning. We've had two since moving here.

Nick and Natalie said...

I have been there soo many times. Acctually three times just last tornado season. There has been really bad tornadoes that have killed lots and taken so many's homes around here. It can be very scary! I am glad you guys are ok though! I do think it is good though for kids to understand and be aware of natural disasters. You just don't want them to be harmed at all by it!

Anonymous said...

Okay....that's really freaky!!!
Love ya-

Katie

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you know about me and storms, I would've been more worried than Mitch! How scary, I'm glad nothing happened!