Thursday, August 13, 2009

UTAH!!! It's a long one!

I finally made it to Utah and just in time for the 24th of July!!! If you don't know, July 24th is a big holiday in Utah. The day the pioneers settled into the Salt Lake Valley!!! Every year for as long as I can remember my family has gone to the day's of 47 parade. We are lucky that my aunts best friend happens to live right on the parade route so we always have the same spot waiting for us the morning of. This year was a little bit different because most of the family was out of town but my kids and I along with Grandpa Brent, Grandma Jan, Chris' family, Amie and Aunt Gerry headed down to watch. It is always hot and sometimes not all that exciting but for me it is something I don't want to miss because of the tradition it holds for our family...And the yearly lunch at Chuck-A-Rama after!!! Yum yum!!!
   The first Saturday we were there I was able to have my dad and Jan watch my kids while I met some friends for lunch..It was so fun to see them and get to catch-up even if it was only for a couple hours! It really made me miss the friendships that I had in Utah! <a href=
The first Saturday we were there my parents took my kids and I was able to meet with some friends for lunch. It was so good to see them and catch up with them even if it was only for a couple of hours.



We did a lot of this!!!
Photobucket
<span class=
Aunt Annie throwing Mitch in!

and more of this

We met Brandons uncle Lance and his family up Millcreek canyon for breakfast one morning and that same day, met Annie, Hugh with their kids and Papa (brandon's dad) up in Park City. We took the kids on the Alpine slide and had a picnic at the park. It was fun to have Annie and Hugh come swimming with us a couple times too!!! (fun fact that we learned...Hugh's older brother was one of my sister Holli's high school boyfriends)!
Photobucket
Apparently, since we moved out of Utah, we have been missing Taco Tuesday at my sisters houses. I think it originally started at Beatles but has since moved to Holli's. We were able to be there for two "taco Tuesday's" and we had a lot of fun. Of course I love to eat so that is always fun but just hanging out with the family and the kids once again getting to swim with all their cousins ....and then after one taco Tuesday, Ryan and Katie put on outdoor movie night where they play a movie in their front yard for anyone who wants to come.

Photobucket

I got to see some cousins that I haven't seen in ....I don't know how long.


more fun cousin pics!


We had a great time but missed our daddy!! Luckily we made it home a little bit easier than we got to SLC but we were a day late. Thanks for letting us come visit and spending so much time with us!!! Can't wait to do it again!!!

it's after midnight and i'm tired of doing this so the hyperlinks will have to wait till tomorrow i don't know how to get rid of them anyway)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a great post! Sorry we didn't spend much time in SLC with you guys. We miss you and are still planning to come out the end of this month. I'll call you. Love you!