Thursday, April 3, 2008

10 miles.....what!!!!!

Ok, so Brandon and I are supposed to do a half marathon in May!!!! Yesterday, he told me we need to run 10 miles this weekend. 10 miles.....ouch!!!! I'm keeping very positive trying not to tell myself or anyone else that i can't do it.
I did 4 miles today which included some walking and at one point i really thought i was going to pass out on the side of the road. Does it ever get easier??
*UPDATE* i can't walk this morning!! every time i take a step, my hips pop(gotta be from running)!!! is that normal?
i'm taking a break today but will still do 10 miles tomorrow!!!!

6 comments:

April said...

ok, if you can do 4 miles you can totally do 10! Make sure you goo/gel every hour and you'll be fine (Clif Shot Bloks are the best, kinda like jello-y gummy squares). We are doing 10 this weekend too so I'll be thinking of you guys!

David Kitchen said...

I have run a couple of half marathon's before. They are not so bad. You can totally do it.

♥Shally said...

Um.. I can't even do one mile, so I am not the one to ask.

Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

That's not something I will ever do!!!! But I know you can do it and will be great at it!!! If nothing else, at least its something that you and B are doing together. That always makes things easier!!!

Love ya-

Katie

chic lit said...

i feel like passing out when i walk around the block..good for you, i know you will do it.

Nick and Natalie said...

you got it!!!! hang in there!