Thursday, July 22, 2010

Reflections

Recently, a guy that I knew from high school passed away in a totally unexpected accident. He was young, with a wife and 3 small children and a 4th due any minute.

We were in West Virgina at a baseball tournament when we got a phone call telling us of the news and immediately my anxiety kicked in. He was so young only 36, he was doing something that people do every day. Heat stroke.....WOW!!!

Being the anxiety ridden person that I am my thoughts turned to......I could be gone next week, I still have plans for my life and my children's lives, what if...what if....what if..... I cannot stop thinking about him and how quickly life can change.

It leaves me thinking, am I doing all I can to live a full and happy life to which I answer a big fat NO!

There are so many things in my life that I want to do. There are so many things that I have started and not finished. Not to mention that fact that I would still {even at 34 when my youngest child is 10} like to have another baby. I pray every night that I will stay healthy and safe. That nothing like this will happen to me or my family. That I will live a long time... all the time trying hard not to let the anxiety get the best of me!


1 comment:

Lauren said...

I hear you. 2 years ago in Logan, I watched my next door neighbor, mom of 4, being taken out of her house on a stretcher with a sheet pulled over her head, she was only 35. I think the positive thing for me is to try to enjoy "right now", esp since I'll be 30 this year, and its kind of like causing a mild "mid-life" crisis, thinking, my life could be half (or a third) over!