Thursday, July 22, 2010

The picture of mommyhood

Growing up in Utah I always thought to be a good mom you had to have a house full of kids and a suburban to drive them around in. Take them to at least 4 lessons each every day, cook dinner every night, bake cookies often, give them money when ever they asked and so on...

Finding myself at 34 with only two kids who do not need my undivided attention at every second of every day any more, living out of Utah and away from family, and taking care of someone else's small children, is not quite the picture I intended to see at this point in my life but it is still a good one.

I often feel like I could be a better mother, wife, sister, daughter and friend but I think, at least I hope I'm not the only one that feels this way. Am I?








No comments: