Friday, July 23, 2010

Remakes

My 12 year old son all of a sudden has an interest in having me download songs to his ipod like...Forever Young by Alphaville & Again by Janet Jackson thanks to people like JZ and iyaz or i-whatever for their interesting remake's of the songs.

I'm not a big fan of the remakes but the originals are good!!! It's funny to me that these songs that I used to listen to in high school are making the scene again in a different way. I love love love that kids are reverting back to the originals after hearing the newer versions of songs that I used to love!!!

Don't stop believing! by Journey is another one that the kids my sons age are loving right now. I'm not sure where they found this one but somehow they found it and love it.

I absolutely hate most of the newer music that is around now days. Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Ke$ha, BLAHHHHHHH!!!!! I can't even stand to listen to it which seems funny to me since music has always been a huge part of my life and I can honestly say that I like pretty much all music...well, at least I used to love all music.

Now, if you want some other good remakes or cover songs....try one of these


Peace Train by Natalie Merchant
Uncle John's Band by the Indigo Girls
Big Yellow Taxi by Counting Crows and Vanessa Carlton
Last Kiss by Pearl Jam
Crusin by Gweneth Paltrow and Huey Lewis ( some may not like this but I do)



No comments: