Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Mitch

Mitch had a big weekend! He decided that he wasn't going to play football this year and so he is playing on a fall baseball team. They have a double header every Saturday until the end of October. Last Saturday he had a big game!!! I wasn't there to see it and i'm so sad that I missed it! He hit his first ever GRAND SLAM!!!! He could not have been more excited and either could B! Such a bummer that I missed it but I am so excited for him! It was a huge deal, he is defiantly a kid that produces better when he gets positive feedback or knows he did something well, so when he does something like this it it HUGE for him!!! It motivates him to do his best!

Awesome!!!

I posted a while back that he turned 12 and those of us in the LDS World know that for a boy, that is a big deal. We had missed church the whole month of July and so it was only 2 weeks ago that he was given the priesthood and then last Sunday, he passed the sacrament for the first time!!!

My baby boy is growing up! (i don't like it at all)! But what a cutie he was walking around the chapel passing the sacrament. I think he was a little bit nervous but he didn't let it show and I think it meant a lot to him that he got to pass with his dad for his first time!!! Way to go Mitch!

It's crazy! Brandon keeps reminding him that things are different now and he is a priesthood holder and he needs to be more responsible for himself! I can't believe that I have a kid this old!

No comments: