Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First day of School 2011-12

Mitch and Ali started school today and I don't know if I should jump for joy or cry!!! I love summer and I love having my kids home. I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself after they left this morning. Good thing Heidi showed up not too long after they left!

I can't believe that Mitch is in 8th grade!!! One year till I have a high schooler and all though I don't want him to grow up, I can't wait to get him out of middle school!
Ali started 6th grade and i'm so so sad that she is growing up so fast! I wish I could keep them young but I guess that's not gonna happen.

Of course Ali was super excited to start school, she couldn't sleep last night and got right up and ready to go this morning with no problems. Mitch on the other hand wanted nothing to do with it and would love it if he didn't have to go but good thing he has sports to look forward too, it keeps him hangin in there!


I didn't have a chance to take the traditional picture of both of the kids on the first day of school so I got Ali this morning and this is the only picture I was able to get of Mitch! He wasn't happy about having any picture so I had to sneak one when I was dropping off his football gear after school! I guess I will have to try again when he gets home tonight!!!!
Well, although i'm a little sad for them to be back in school, I think its going to be a great year for both of them. They seem to have good teachers and at least for Mitch, nothing could be worse than 7th grade was for him, he had some horrible teachers!!!

Good luck Mitch and Ali, its gonna be a great year!!!!



No comments: