Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Mitch's 8th grade trip



So we never did stuff like this when I was a kid but here in Ohio, the 8th graders get to take a 3 day trip to Washington DC. Mitch's school got to go last week! They saw everything they could possibly see and without a minute to spare. Not even to call home. I think other then texting when he was on the bus going from place to place I only actually talked to him maybe twice. They did not stop from 6am to 11pm but he had a great time!

We learned that when you send a 13 year old with a camera and 2 memory cards and tell him to take pictures, you better be more specific, and should also probably teach him how to use the camera before he goes. He got a few good ones and quite a few blurry one not to mention the flash didn't work so everything they say at night he wasn't able to take pictures of. And tell him what he should use the money you send for so he doesn't come home from DC with a TEXAS flat cap that is too big for even his dad to wear!

I have to say I was really proud of him for going out of his comfort zone and going on this trip without any of his family and not being able to have much contact with us. My boy is growing up!!!!

(for some reason the rest of the pictures won't transfer to my computer so look for more to come)

No comments: